ME AND THEM

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Birthday News and a freebie!!!!

Ok, I know, I'm slack! It was my birthday last week (on 26th) and so I have been really really busy! Lame excuse, but I'm sticking to it!

My birthday was really good fun! My girls were fantastic and bought me all sorts of things - a tatty teddy with some flowers, a really cute case for my phone, chocolates and all sorts! They also bought me a helium balloon and a flashing lights birthday badge which they insisted I wore to school when I dropped them off (Emi wouldn't have liked it but she goes to school on her own!!!)

Whilst they were at school, I had coffee (in my new mugs!) and cake with Fiona, Christine and Alexandra (she was on school hols) which was fun! The girls still had orchestra after school in Petersfield (the world doesn't stop when its my birthday unfortunately!!!) but after dinner, the girls surprised me with a birthday cake with candles - all done off their own backs which makes it extra special!

Then on Friday we went to see High School Musical on Stage which was awesome! Far better than I thought it would be! It was worth every penny to see the look on Lucie's face!!! The whole show was fantastic - the girls were really shocked when Troy and Gabriella kissed seeing as they don't on the first film!!!

On Saturday, Emi had told me that we were invited to a surprise birthday party for Fiona at the Indian restaurant nearby. I did kind of smell a rat for a few days before hand but wasn't really sure. Then, it all became clear when my Dad and brother were invited and it was changed to being at Fiona's house - it was really a party for both of us - Fiona's birthday was a few days before mine. It was fantastic! Alexandra and Emi, with input from the younger kids had all put some money in to doing us both a party and for the last 2 months had been secretly organising it, although both Fiona and I knew that something was going on! Of course, there couldn't be a party without Christine and her children too (Paul was away), so there was a total of 14 of us. Who'd have thought that 14 people could make that much noise???? Think it must have been the kids!!!

Just had to share some pics of the evening!!!

This is me and Fiona cutting the very scrummy-in-my-tummy chocolatey cake which the girls asked Christine to make - think the girls know us too well!!!


And this is us laughing (just a little bit) when we realise that in cutting the cake, we had buried Eeyore amongst the chocolate!!! (Not real Eeyore - a cake decoration!)


Here are Fiona, Me and Christine, and somehow Lucie got into the pic too. I know it is a really unflattering pic, but it had to be done!!!!

Then we all decided that making bunny ears was THE thing to do!!!! Not quite sure why we though that, but we did!!!

Thanks all of you for a fantastic party - and especially to the kids for thinking of the whole idea in the first place!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

belated happy birthday, joy! you and my mother-in-law share the same birth date. anyway, fun pictures! thanks for sharing them.

i wish you all the best and i'm sure you had a great one.

take care!!!

Neverland Scraps said...

very very cute!! Looks like it was a blast of a party!! Happy belated birthday hon!! ((hugs))