ME AND THEM

Sunday, July 08, 2007

What A Show!

Wow! Words fail me! (I know, that's a first!!) :P Yesterday was the Planet Dance Show called "Burn The Floor" which all three of my girls took part in, along with almost 250 other dancers aged from 2 1/2 to 50-something! They danced two shows - a matinee and an evening performance - each show was to about 600 people! And it was awesome!!!

I helped backstage until the evening performance which I watched with my Dad, both brothers and my sister-in-law. I was so proud of my girls - they were fantastic on stage and impeccably behaved off stage! To be fair, so were most of the girls. I helped with the 6-8 and 9-12 age groups - make-up, getting into costume etc which meant I also got to get a sneak look at a lot of the show from the wings - and, I have to confess, joining in with one or two of the dances in the wings - especially Time Warp which Emi and Alice's group did!

We weren't allowed to take any photos of them on stage, but a friend of mine did manage to get a couple of pics backstage - one of Lucie in her costume for 'Hard Knock Life' from Annie and one of Emi and Alice in their 'Time Warp' outfits . Lucie also danced to 'Ghostbusters', and the other two to 'Walk This Way'. All of the girls really enjoyed themselves and got right into the spirit of having fun!

The moment that really did bring a tear to my eye was the very beginning of the show. Out of all 250 dancers, Lucie was asked to introduce the whole show - and what a star she was! She was the first person to go onto the stage for both shows! She had to poke her head out of the curtain and pretend to look for Ed, one of the adult dancers, calling "Ed, Ed??" he then said "Oh, hello Lucie, looks like everyone is here, maybe we should get on with introducing the show"! She then said "Good afternoon/evening everybody. Welcome to Planet dance Show 'Burn The Floor'. Let me introduce you to my friend Ed" He then gave all the safety info - fire exits etc and she had to point to where they all were. Then they both said "Hope you enjoy the show" I think they got the loudest cheers of everybody!! The number of people who came up to me saying "Lucie was fantastic" and "She's gonna be on stage" etc!! Noone could believe that a child of just 7 would have the confidence to do it - I know I certainly wouldn't - even now!! lol!!

Anyway, as you can tell, I am still on the buzz 24 hours later - I really can't wait to get the photos on here to share, and also to get to watch the dvd!!

2 comments:

Wendy aka BrokenJar Creations said...

Wow......sounds like it was a fantastic time!! Wish I could have been there to watch it too :)

Can't wait to see the photos.

I am sure Lucie was wonderful :) I can imagine her up there doing her part, LOL.

WTG girls!!! Big hugs

Marcie Marziali said...

That sounds wonderful! ditto to Wendy's comment....wish I could have been there too :(
I totally can see Lucie being able to take over the show and run it! She's a natural at "showbiz" LOL
Love you all girls!!!