ME AND THEM

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Relief - in more ways than one!!

I know, I am so slack at posting here, but am really slack at everything on the computer right now!! I just don't seem to have time - I haven't scrapped a layout in what seems like ages, although I did do some for Bethan's first birthday gift - it was some more pages for her album, but I will share those after the newsy bit!

On Monday evening, we had the meeting at the Junior School where we were to find out which classes our children (in my case, Lucie) are in when they go up to the Junior School in September. To fully appreciate the issue we had, you need to know some background info! Lucie has a best friend who started in her class in October 2006 - she had been moved from another school where she was very unhappy - had a lot of anxiety issues which over-spilled into her home life - she was seeing doctors who were very concerned about her etc etc. Her parents were going to wait and just move her to the Junior School this September, straight from her old school but were advised to mover her in order to build up her friendship base and also because they were very concerned about her welfare at the other school. Well, her and Lucie quickly became inseparable and her friend is now like a different child - much more confident and settled. So, anyway, when we went to the meeting, we assumed the girls would be together - the school were very aware of the issues involved. BUT, they weren't! Us parents were very concerned and upset, so set about doing something about it!! After worrying about various meetings that were going on yesterday concerning changing our girls and other children around, we finally found out this morning that they have managed to move Lucie into the same class as her friend!! We are so very very relieved! All of the year 3 teachers are fantastic, so it doesn't bother me that she will have a different teacher to who she thought originally. One real bonus is that there were a few boys in the original class that she was in who I would rather she wasn't with, so that has been resolved without us trying!!

Yesterday afternoon, the older 2 girls had their recorder exams - Emi had her Grade 2 descant recorder exam and Alice had her Grade 1 descant recorder exam. They both said they think they did ok, but its always hard to guess how you did - the results won't be out for a while yet, so they will have to be patient!! As long as they are happy, that's what is important - they both know that they have the ability to play at that level, and the exam is just a bit of paper that proves that!

Anyway, with all that rambling, I've run out of time to post any LOs, so that will have to be next time!! And I'll try to make it sooner rather than later!!

1 comments:

Marcie Marziali said...

You are always sooo busy! I thought my life was crazy but it doesn't even come close to yours! Hope you're enjoying the ride LOL