ME AND THEM

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Toot Toot my girlies!

I am soooooo excited! Today, we have been to a 'musical playday' over at a school in Petersfield (about half an hour away from us). It is organised by PASSO which stands for Petersfield and Area Schools Strings Orchestra (the biggest strings orchestra in the area) and Emi and Alice were invited to go by their violin teacher. To actually become a member of the orchestra, you are meant to be grade 2 on your instrument but my girls haven't taken any exams as yet - Alice has only been playing since September last year, and Emi since after Easter this year. BUT (and yes, it is a big but!!), their violin teacher has said that they are more than ready and has asked them to join next term!!! How awesome is that!!! They are so excited and are really looking forward to it! We are going back this evening to hear the current orchestra do their summer concert, but the girls are already very excited about next term!

4 comments:

Talks said...

Congrats to your girls :-) I am sure your are more then proud about it and it is a great achievement full of fun :-)

Marcie Marziali said...

WOW!! I'm so excited for them but not really surprised....they are VERY talented young ladies! I can just see it now...."World class sister violinists from the tiny town of Liphook, GB, storm the globe with their unusual talent!" :)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Congrats to them!

while I am here...

You've been tagged!

Tell us 7 things about yourself and then go tag 7 other people. :)

(Thank Bunny at DSO for this one HAHA)

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Booooo

You have been Blog Tagged :)

Now tell us 7 things about you and tag 6 friends

Hugsss J xxx