ME AND THEM

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Last of the holidays

I am sitting here at my computer, it's 8pm and my house is quiet, which is very strange as over the last 6 weeks of summer holidays, the girls have been staying up later than usual and at this time would still be up and about. However, tomorrow is 'back to school' for Emily and Alice - Lucie gets an extra day for an INSET day and doesn't go back till Tuesday. So, they have gone to bed early, and I am already feeling lonely! I have to say that 6 weeks holidays is just not long enough. They had a week of dance summer camp but that still left 5 weeks, and I don't know where they have disappeared to! We have done an awful lot of different things, but I still feel as though we could have done more - the girls have all had a great time and haven't said that we haven't done anything in particular that they would have liked to have done, but I still think we could have done more! I can remember this time last year feeling exactly the same, so I think I will just have to get over it!!

Anyway, the girls are all very excited about going back to school, although the older two both admitted to slight nerves, but then I'm not surprised as they will have new teachers and Emi will be in her last year at Junior School and Alice is going into the upper school too! As for Lucie being in her last year at Infant School, well, that just doesn't bear thinking about!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids grow up so fast and time just flies by without us knowing it.

I'm sure that the 6 weeks you had together (full-time) are memorable and special.