ME AND THEM

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Excitement For Lucie!!

Lucie's year at school (year 3 - ages 7/8) and the year above do a lovely carol service at our local parish church each year. The year 3s are responsible for doing the tableau, and, as Lucie LOVES dressing up, she was desperate to take part!!! So, about 3 weeks ago, she announced to me that they had asked for volunteers, and that she had put her hand up. She also said that she wanted to be Mary - yeah, right, like, you and 45 other little girls in your year, right??!!! Now, I am all for encouraging my girls, but I also don't want to set them up for disappointment, so every time she mentioned it over the last 3 weeks, I tried to point out that she probably wouldn't get the part! Then, yesterday, she came out of school, running across the playground to me shouting "I'm Mary, I'm Mary"!!! Apparently, when her teacher told her that she was Mary, she said "My Mum said that I wouldn't get to be Mary" to which her teacher replied "Well, adults get things wrong sometimes too" - how dare she???? I mean, I have brought my daughters up to believe that I am always right, and now Mrs Timms has spoilt it!!!! lol!!!

Seriously, though, I now have a very excited 7 year old who has managed to persuade me to part with £10 to buy her a Mary costume to wear, rather than me making her one!! To be honest, I think I would be hard pushed to get a costume made for her this week anyway, so I didn't put up too much of a fight when she asked for it!

I promise that I will show lots of photos of her on the day, so watch this space!!!

1 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Congratulations to Lucie! She's such a little sweetie. I'm sure she'll be a wonderful Mary. Uh-oh, she's had her first proof that Mom can be wrong. Watch out! Mom may never be right again. LOL!