ME AND THEM

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lots Of Chatter!

Well, the new look to the blog is getting there, slowly but surely! I still have the side bar bits to put in, but I worked out how to add the pretty divider between each of my posts, so that was quite a result!!

To be honest, I haven't had much time to play cos I have been very very excited over the past few days and have had a lot of sorting out to do because I'VE GOT A JOB!!!! I have spent the last 5 years or so volunteering in schools and teaching recorder on a voluntary basis, but now is the time for me to actually earn some sensible money!

My issue with going back to work was always that there was no way that I was going to let a job interfere with the girls' well-being. I didn't want to forfeit school holidays with them, and nor did I want them to have to give up after-school activities. So, this new job is perfect in that it is school hours, Monday to Friday and term-time only.

It is also the perfect job for me as far as what it involves! I will be working in a residential home for young adults with severe physical and learning difficulties. This home is different to most in that all of it's day services are provided at the home, and that is where my job comes in. I will have 3 residents assigned to myself and another person and we will do all the activities with them such as art therapy, music therapy, they have a hydrotherapy pool which we will be using, we do their physiotherapy, and also do hippotherapy too. I will also get to take some of them out on activities. The more physically able get to go on a bus into town and go for a cup of coffee, or to go to the local swimming pool. None of the residents will ever live regular independent lives and will always require 24/7 care, so to be a part of making their lives as enjoyable and as productive as possible is a fantastic opportunity for me.

So, as of October 6th, I will no longer be a stay-at-home- Mum! Its quite a scary thought as I have been at home raising the girls for so long, but it is time now and I am really excited!

Oh, I can't post here and not mention the girls and their PASSO auditions! All three of them played beautifully and sight-read their pieces really well too (not that I was eavesdropping at the door or anything!!!). Anyway, Emi and Alice kind of knew that they were going to going up to the second violin parts anyway, so there were no surprises there when they were put in the seconds! However, it is a smaller orchestra this year and they have decided not to have any third violinists. This meant that the entry requirement was raised quite a bit - not good for Lucie, I thought as she really was desperate to join. She auditioned anyway as I thought that it is always good experience for them to play on their own in that sort of situation. Well, she was a star - if I hadn't seen her playing her violin, I wouldn't have believed it was her cos she really was fantastic! And, she got her letter on Saturday, telling her that she has got into the seconds - and after only playing for a year!!! So this evening is their first rehearsal for the year. Lucie is a bit nervous as she will be the youngest there at only 8, but I am sure she will hold her own!!

Ok, enough waffling, here are some layouts I've done recently - most of them using Tracy Blankenship's templates as I am on her Guest CT for this month - and am loving it!!!

Credits: Wishing On Dandelions by Melissa Daniel

Credits: Templates With Attitude Set 16 by Tracy Blankenship and Asumi by Lauraskathi

GDS September Birthday collab kit; Templates With Attitude by Tracy Blankenship

Credits: Sorbet Garden 2 by HollyAnn; Templates With Attitude Set 17 by Tracy Blankenship; Bent Alpha (recoloured) by Gunheld Storide

Credits: Templates With Attitude Set 16 by Tracy Blankenship and Forever and Always by Carola Mondini

Credits: What Goes On by Stephanie Ogren and Template by Tracy Blankenship

Well, off to go and get some housework done - am planning on my house being spotless before I start work! Although am sure I'll be back to post some more before I start!

5 comments:

gabs-art said...

congrats on the new job!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job! Congrats tot he girls! I love those layouts! Fabulous job!

movefearlessly said...

congrats! your blog looks great, and i love your layouts!

Ava in Wonderland said...

Gorgeous LO's! Congrats on the new job! :)

Leigh said...

You are a gem of a woman to care for these special children in your new job. And FAB congrats to your girls on their violin prowess. Very exciting!